see also Melacrino

The Greek Miltiadis Melachrino (1847-1934) started trading tobacco in 1871. In 1879 he opened his own manufacture at Cairo, 1887 he opens a branch at London. In 1904 he moves to the United States and 1913 he sells his company to the AMERICAN TOBACCO COMPANY. In 1914 he goes back to Egypt where he works for other companies. In 1921 he moves for a second time to the United States to open again a manufactory there, in 1931 he opened a branch at Hamburg. There was also a branch at Malta.

Melachrino No.25

United Kingdom 1940's
20 pieces in Sliding Box

Producer M. Melachrino & Co Ltd., London
Trade Mark Owner M. Melachrino & Co Ltd.
production discontinued in 1951
Melachrino No.9 Cork

USA 1944
10 pieces in Snap Lid Box

Producer Factory No.30  Dist. N. Carolina
Trade Mark Owner M. Melachrino & Co
Melachrino No.9 Cork

USA 1953
20 pieces in Snap Lid Box with Cellophane

Producer Factory No.30,  District of North Carolina
Trade Mark Owner M. Melachrino & Co